This position is responsible for the development and ongoing management and growth of the program.? Management of the faculty resources, facility planning and development, curriculum development and monitoring, retention, and student success are the primary goals of this position.? This position will provide management and coaching to both faculty and students to ensure professional learning experiences while upholding academic integrity and offering quality program(s).?
Note: This position provides oversight for three programs:
Digital Media Production, Web Design & Development, and, Internet Marketing.?
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*
- Recruits, develops and maintains faculty
- With Director of Education, interviews and recommends candidates for hire
- Develops a pool of available instructors with both academic and professional credentials
- Maintains records for pool of instructors
- Supervise generation of required faculty development plans
- In conjunction with the faculty development coordinator trains adjunct faculty on variety of procedures; ensures competency with Handbook procedures
- Oversees faculty responsibilities for student learning assessments at the course and program levels
- Continuously monitors faculty for development needs and provides documentation of faculty development plans and outcomes
- Ensures teaching equipment and supplies are adequately maintained
- Identifies and organizes special events for faculty and students
- Develop training for professional faculty including classroom management, grading process, lesson plan execution etc.?
- Provides supervision of faculty and works with the Faculty Development Coordinator to schedule observations
- Observes and evaluates faculty on a regular basis
Curriculum Management< >Supervises development, maintenance, and delivery of program curriculumWorks with faculty to determine text book review and selection including supplemental materials required for courses and programWorks with DOE on regular program review including accreditation needsAssures the continuous improvement of syllabi and curriculum, including assessment of program and course outcomesIdentify requirements and needs to meet national and program accreditation requirementsIdentify potential new program ideas designed to strengthen student learningRequired to teach 2-3 courses per term (depending on needs)Advises students, including SAP students, and assists in the registration processOversees academic progress of students assigned for advisementOversees and manages student internships in respective programManages student retention efforts to meet CEC standard of 85%?Develops special events for students and faculty to enhance learning experiencesWorks with student groups and ensures professional affiliations are maintainedWorks with the DOE and Leadership Team to improve retention through outreach activities with new and established studentsWork with the President and DOE to develop both transitional and final facilities for the programMaintain inventory of lab equipment, materials and supplies necessary for the programProvides leadership for and participates in campus committees
- Leads faculty meetings; participates in campus-wide faculty meetings
- Develops program advisory boards; facilitates meetings and required minutes on an ongoing basis
- Assure all data and documentation required within campus record system (CVue) is entered in a timely and accurate fashion
User interface and User Experience
Solid background in visual effects and interactive media -- primarily ActionScript 3.?0, Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects or similar compositing software like Flint/?Inferno/?Flame/?Nuke.?
Demonstrated technical proficiencies in hardware and camera equipment a must.?
Proficiency in web development (HTML/?CSS languages)
Working knowledge in all adobe creative suite software
Audio editing (with ProTools) and 3D Animation (3DS Max/?Maya) a plus
Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message through the following key actions:
Organizes the communication, maintains audience attention, adjusts to the audience, ensures understanding, adheres to the accepted conventions, comprehends communication from others
Masters Degree required in field of specialty or related field.?
Knowledgeable of all school and company policies and procedures, all applicable federal, state regulations and all accrediting agencies standards and requirements relating to admissions
Expertise in specialty area including knowledge of emerging trends in the field
Skills and Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational and time management skills
Excellent presentation skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Working knowledge of multiple digital media platforms including web and internet marketing
Business acumen and network ability required
Teaching experience required
Additional Job Sources